excise, fuel surcharge, industry and regulatory advice
+48 602 489 214
- Experienced legal counsel and tax advisor. Ranked as the best excise tax advisor by Dziennik Gazeta Prawna daily (years 2015-2018), (2021-2022). Ranked best multiple times by Rzeczpospolita daily.
- He has several years of experience in the areas of excise, fuel surcharge, and tax proceedings.
- In years 2012–2015 he was the leader of the excise team at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Previously, he worked for i.a. Deloitte and Ernst & Young.
- He advised the largest Polish and foreign entities operating in the fuel, alcohol, energy, tobacco, chemical, and automotive industries on excise and fuel surcharge.
- Member of the Praesidium of the Tax Council at Lewiatan Confederation – Chairman of the Excise Group.
- Author of dozens of academic publications on excise, fuel surcharge, and tax procedure.
- Speaker at numerous academic and industry conferences.
- Graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw and of Finance and Accounting at the Warsaw School of Economics. He also completed a postgraduate course in tax law at the University of Warsaw.
Among others, he has completed the following projects:
- represented one of the leading Polish oil companies in a dispute concerning excise on lubricant preparations,
- represented the largest Polish and foreign fuel companies in proceedings concerning the fuel surcharge,
- represented entities operating in the gas industry in proceedings before the President of the Energy Regulatory Office,
- represented beer companies in proceedings concerning excise tax on sweet beers and so-called trub,
- provided comprehensive excise services for the largest entities operating in the metal industry,
- represented metal companies in proceedings concerning excise taxes on electricity losses,
- supported the implementation of excise modules for ERP systems at the largest beer and tobacco companies.